Located 5km east of the townsite, off the Salt River Road. Take advantage of the view to the salt lakes to the north and east, farmlands to the west and panoramic view of the Stirling Range to the South. The area is abundant in wildflowers in spring.
The museum was once the station Masters House. Built around 1889 it is the oldest house still standing in town and is located in Gathorne St. It is the home to local memorabilia. It is listed on the Shire of Cranbrook’s Heritage Inventory. The Fettlers Hut, together with the laundry and toilet was added in the 1970’s. Contact Bernie on 0407 261 123 for an appointment to look around.
Located on the Frankland Cranbrook road, just a short distance from Frankland River, the 27 Mile Dam is a historical site, well signed, explaining the historic importance of these stock watering dams. Drovers travelling between Cranbrook and Frankland River stopped at these watering sites whilst droving livestock to market.