TO BE A COUNCILLOR OF THE SHIRE OF CRANBROOK
You would be involved in running an organisation with the responsibility of making decisions that have a major impact on our lifestyle. As a representative of your community you will find the role enjoyable, challenging and stimulating with involvement in matters as diverse as recreation, libraries, the environment, town planning, health, roads and many more. Meeting fees and some expenses are paid.
Nominations are called for the Shire of Cranbrook Local Government Election to be held on Saturday 16 October 2021 to fill the vacancies listed below:
Five (5) Vacancies 4 year terms
(Expires October 2025)
NOMINATION TIME AND PLACE
• Nominations for all vacancies open on Thursday, 2 September 2021
• Nominations must be lodged by 4.00pm, Thursday, 9 September 2021
Nominations must be lodged with the Returning Officer at any time during the above period at the Shire of Cranbrook Administration Office, 19 Gathorne Street, Cranbrook.
Candidates are required to lodge with the RETURNING OFFICER:
• a completed nomination in the prescribed form, signed and witnessed. This form is available from the Shire of Cranbrook;
• a single A4 page profile containing not more than 150 words of biographical information about the proposed candidate and statements of the candidate’s policies or beliefs;
• a nomination deposit of $80 (cash, or postal order, or bank cheque subject to Returning Officer approval); and
• a recent passport-sized photograph (optional).
Where an agent lodges a nomination on a candidate’s behalf, it must be in the prescribed form with a written authorisation signed by the candidate.
The documents may be hand delivered, posted or faxed to the Returning Officer and must be received by the close of nominations.
Full details about eligibility and nomination procedures for prospective candidates in the election may be obtained by contacting the Shire of Cranbrook.
Further information is available by contacting Trish Standish, Manager Corporate and Community or Garry Adams, Acting Chief Executive Officer on