Community Support and Programs
The Shire of Cranbrook is an active Act-Belong-Commit Site. Act-Belong-Commit is a comprehensive health promotion campaign that encourages individuals to take action to protect and promote their own mental wellbeing and encourages organisations that provide mentally healthy activities to promote participation in those activities. The Shire is proud to partner ABC to promote positve mental health. Head to Act-Belong-Commit or visit their Facebook page for more information
Neighbourhood watch involves the community and police working together to reduce crime and to improve safety in your neighbourhood. The NHW program provides you with information, hints and tips on how to prevent burglaries, theft, graffiti, vandalism and other crimes taking place in your area. To find out more about joining the NHW program visit the Neighbourhood Watch online website: www.nhw.wa.gov.au or contact the Cranbrook Police station. Peter Denton is the Cranbrook Area Co-ordinator and he is located at the Cranbrook Post Office, Gathorne St, Cranbrook. Head to the Neighbourhood Watch WA website for more details or follow their Facebook page to keep up to date.
Within the Shire of Cranbrook there is an active roadwise committee. They organise the driver reviver van on occasional long weekends. Contact the Peter Denton President of the Roadwise Committee for more details on 9826 1031. For more information on Roadwise WA head to their website or follow their Facebook page to keep up to date.
Healthway strives to deliver visionary and proactive leadership in health promotion in WA.
Healthway's role is:
- To fund activities related to the promotion of good health in general with particular emphasis on young people
- To support sporting and arts activities which encourage healthy lifestyles and advance health promotion programmes
- To provide grants to organisations engaged in health promotion programmes
- To fund research relevant to health promotion
- To evaluate and report on the effectiveness of the performance of the Foundation in achieving health promotion activities.
For more information head to their website Healthway