Welcome to your Shire's Club page!
Your Club Development Officer Nicole Selesnew is here to provide support to local sport and recreation clubs in their short and long-term development. Nicole can provide clubs with:
- Club development information;
- Relevant club development training, education, information workshops/programs and opportunities;
- Assist clubs to improve their governance and management practices through development of club plans, policies and procedures; and
- Funding Opportunities.
Click here for the latest ClubLink Newsletter.
Please feel free to contact Nicole if you have any questions. Nicole’s contact details are:
Club Development Officer
Servicing the Shires of Plantagenet, Denmark & Cranbrook
PO Box 48
Mount Barker WA 6324
Ph: 08 9892 1105 Mob: 0428 036 238
Fax: 08 9892 1100
The Club Development Officer role covers the Shires of Cranbrook, Denmark and Plantagenet and is supported by the Department of Sport and Recreation and Lotterywest.
KIDSPORT IS NOW ONLINE!
KidSport is a partnership between the Department of Sport and Recreation and local governments around Western Australia.
KidSport will enable eligible families to access up to $200 per child per year to cover club membership fees; getting more children into sport and supporting the future of local sporting clubs. The Department of Sport and Recreation have implemented some big changes to Kidsport in the past few months – please read the below information carefully before applying.
1. Applicants listed on a valid Health Care or Pensioner Concession card should now:
• Apply online at the Department of Sport and recreation website http://www.dsr.wa.gov.au/funding/individuals/kidsport OR
• Submit a KidSport application form and a copy of the card to their local government.
2. KidSport no longer has referral agents.
• Applicants NOT listed on a valid concession card need to meet one of the new KidSport Financial Exceptions listed on the DSR website. (See Kidsport Exceptions information below)
• If you meet an exception you can apply for KidSport through a KidSport Financial Assessor.
KidSport enables eligible Western Australian children aged 5–18 years to participate in community sport and recreation by offering them financial assistance towards club fees.
• Applicants must be aged 5 – 18 years.
• Applicants primary place of residence must be in the local government area they are applying to.
• Applicants must be listed on a valid Health Care or Pensioner Concession card.
• Maximum of $200 per child per calendar year.
Who are KidSport Financial Assessors?
KidSport Financial Assessors are professional employees at agencies who provide support services for families. They will assess a family’s financial situation against the KidSport Financial Exceptions and submit a KidSport application on their behalf. The Department will review the application.
1. Sudden loss of employment and subsequent income from the main income earner of the family. This does not include voluntary unemployment or circumstances where a redundancy payment has been received.
2. Death or serious illness of a parent/guardian causing significant impact on the household income.
3. Fire, flood or other natural disaster causing significant impact on the household’s financial situation.
4. Situations when the child has been placed into care (of the State, foster or extended family) and the relevant concession cards are unavailable.
Contact your local government for your nearest KidSport Financial Assessor if you meet one of these exceptions.
For more information and to register online for Kidsport please head to:
To download a Kidsport application please click on the attached Kidsport Application Form.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION - RULE / CONSTITUTION CHANGES
Government of Western Australia
Department of Commerce and Consumer Protection
REVIEWING YOUR RULES
All incorporated associations need to review and if necessary update their rules (often known as the constitution) by 1 July 2019.
Consumer Protection recommends that associations start the review process now and this newsletter outlines the steps to follow and the resources available to assist associations to complete this change of rules.
A step by step guide Transition Pack 3 is now available online and includes information about:
• what’s in the rules;
• options for updating the rules;
• how to pass the changes; and
• how to lodge a change of rules.
Visit our website to get your copy online now. http://www.commerce.wa.gov.au/publications/associations-transition-pack-3
Bowls is played in both Cranbrook and Frankland River on new synthetic turf greens.
Frankland River Bowling Club can be contacted on 9855 2245.
Cranbrook Bowling Club Contacts are Geof Denney: Ph 9834 3061 (Mens) Sue Denton: Ph 9826 1031 (Ladies)
Corporate bowls is played during January and February and is a fun social night out.
Scroungers bowls is played during the winter on the weekend and during the summer on a Thursday evening.
- $80 Cranbrook Sporting Club Membership
- $42 for Bowls capitation fees
- $5 green fees
Cricket is played during the summer months in both Frankland River and Cranbrook.
Cranbrook - Contact Michael Smith on 9826 1046.
Frankland River Cricket can be contacted on 9855 2245.
Cranbrook has junior, high school and seniors teams that play on Saturdays during the regular netball season (April to September) in the Albany Netball Association.
Mixed netball is played during the summer months at the Cranbrook courts (dependant on numbers).
Contact Robyn Siegert on 9826 1071.
Tennis is played during the summer months in Cranbrook, Tenterden and Frankland River.
Cranbrook - Membership is $80 Cranbrook Sporting Club Membership then $5 court fees.
Contact Sandy Lehmann on 9826 1143.
Frankland Tennis - can be contacted on 9855 2245.
Tenterden Tennis Club - one of the largest clubs in the Shire of Cranbrook, Tenterden attracts a good crowd to Saturday afternoon tennis.
Contact: Mary Gillam 9826 1208
Cranbrook Social Darts Club
Every Tuesday night at the Cranbrook Sporting Club
New and experienced players WELCOME!
Find us on Facebook under Cranbrook Social Darts Club to be kept up to date with fixtures and results.
Contact: Jeff Alderton 0437 450 147
Is played with the Mt Barker Bulls Cricket Club in the Albany Junior Cricket Association during the summer months. There is an under 12's, under 14's and under 16's competition. "In 2 Cricket" for the children under 10 is also available. Please contact Tina Pope 0407 426 930.
Is played during the winter months.
- Membership is free for primary school children and younger to the Cranbrook Sporting Club.
- Contact Tina Pope: 0407 426 930
- Everyone Welcome
The Cranbrook 18 hole Golf Course is located on Salt River Rd. Competition is played during the cooler months of the year. A summer cup competition is also run during the summer months. Please contact Kelvin Chant on 0427 261 362.
The Frankland River 18 hole Golf Course is located 53 Moir St, Frankland River. Contact 9855 2245.
Cranbrook Districts Motorcycle Club
Affiliated with Motorcycling WA this club seeks to create a family friendly environment in which all ages can enjoy affordable motorcycling sports. Based at Sukey Hill Regional Motorcycling Facility (241 Sukey Hill Road Cranbrook), the club offers the disciplines of motocross, enduro and trials.
Find us on facebook under Cranbrook Motocross and check out our website www.cranbrookmx.com
For more information please contact Justin Shepherd on 0427 380 074